Japanese government scholarship 2021
Every year, the Japanese government accepts applications for a fully funded Japanese government scholarship Monbukagakusho scholarship (MEXT) for an undergraduate (bachelor’s), master’s and doctorate (PhD) degree.
*Knowledge of Japanese language, and IELTS / TOEFL is not mandatory.
The MEXT Japan Scholarship 2021 is submitting applications open to all students from all over the world
Details of the MEXT Japan Scholarship 2021
- Country: Japan
- Number of Scholarships: Not specified
- Study level: Undergraduate (Bachelor), Masters and Doctorate (PhD)
- Fields of study: all fields and majors
About MEXT Masters and Ph.D.
For the MEXT Research Scholarship, applicants must apply for the field of study they majored in at the university or a related field.
Moreover, the fields of study should be subjects through which applicants can study and research in postgraduate courses in Japanese universities.
A student studying medicine, dentistry, or welfare sciences will not be permitted to participate in clinical training such as medical care and surgery until he obtains a license from the Minister of Health, Labor and Welfare under applicable Japanese laws.
All fields and majors are available on the Japanese Government Scholarship MEXT
Required qualifications and eligibility criteria:
MEXT accepts applications from international students to study in Japan who meet the following qualifications and conditions:
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan.
- However, persons with dual nationality who hold Japanese citizenship and whose place of residence at the time of application is outside Japan are eligible to apply as long as they choose the nationality of the other country and renounce their Japanese nationality by the date of their arrival in Japan.
- The first examination must be conducted at the Japanese diplomatic mission in the country in which the applicant chooses citizenship.
- An applicant who holds Japanese citizenship at the time of application is not eligible.
- Applicants must have been born on or after April 2, 1986.
- Master’s course: applicants who have completed 16 years of school education in countries other than Japan.
- Doctoral course: applicants who have completed 18 years of school education in countries other than Japan.
- Language: Knowledge of Japanese and IELTS / TOEFL is not mandatory.
- At the embassy level, there are no specific requirements for language ability to apply. However, after examining the document, you will take language proficiency tests.
- The embassy only requires you to be; Willing to learn Japanese.
Financial Coverage (Scholarship Coverage):
- An allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship.
- Students receiving preparatory education and non-formal students: 143,000 yen per month
- Regular students enrolled in master’s courses or professional certificates: 144,000 yen per month.
- Regular students enrolled in doctoral courses: 145,000 yen per month.
- Fees for entrance examination, enrollment, and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
- However, the recipients bear the entrance examination fee if they cannot apply to a master’s or doctoral course or it cannot be accepted from the university.
- Transportation to Japan: MEXT will stipulate the flight schedule and travel route, and provide an air ticket to the recipients who will arrive in Japan within the specified period.
- The airline ticket will be an economy class ticket for the flight.
Residence halls for international students provided by universities.
Please Must Check official Link. Check Japanese Embassy websites in Your Country.
How to apply:
You have to Fill the Application Form with all the details and all the documents. The procedure is given below and all the links are given below. Please Must Check official Link. Check Japanese Embassy websites in Your Country.
At the Embassy level, there are no specific language ability requirements to apply. However, after the document screening, you will take language proficiency tests.
The embassy only requires that you “be willing to learn Japanese”.
WHERE AND WHEN DO YOU APPLY?
You apply at the Japanese embassy or consulate that serves the area where you live. You can find the list of Japanese embassies or consulates around the world at:
I recommend using a Control-F search on that page to find your country. It may not be listed under the region of the world that you are used to.
In general application deadlines are between mid-May and early June. However, each embassy or consulate sets its own deadlines, so be sure to check the embassy or consulate webpage for specific application instructions. Your embassy or consulate will explain exactly what you have to submit and how.
Your embassy or consulate may also have additional eligibility restrictions or required paperwork.