The Islamic University of Madinah is a Saudi public university, located in Medina, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is under the supervision of the Saudi Ministry of Education.
It was established by a decree issued by King Saud bin Abdulaziz Al Saud on Rabi’ al-Awwal 25, 1381 AH, corresponding to September 6, 1962 AD, to establish a university specialized in Sharia and religious sciences in Madinah. Al Gharbia, south of the royal palaces, 5 km from the Haram.
The university aims to prepare, translate, publish and encourage scientific research in the fields of Islamic and Arabic sciences, and educate Muslim students from all over the world who join it.
The Islamic University focuses on establishing scientific and cultural links with universities, scientific bodies and institutions in the world and documenting them to serve Islam. The University’s honorary president was King Khalid bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, and its Supreme President at the time, Prince Fahd bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister.
Nationalities who can apply for the scholarship:
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
Available programs at the Islamic University in Saudi Arabia:
- Computer and information systems
- Islamic Law.
- Dawah and Fundamentals of Religion
- The Holy Quran and Islamic Studies
- Judicial systems and studies
About the Islamic University funded scholarship to study in Saudi Arabia:
The Deanship of the College of Science at the Islamic University of Madinah is pleased to announce full university scholarships for outstanding students wishing to pursue their undergraduate studies in the field of basic sciences (physics/mathematics/chemistry).
This scholarship aims to promote the study of basic sciences among young Muslims. We welcome those interested in studying Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
Terms and Standards:
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to benefit from the Islamic University-funded scholarship to study in Saudi Arabia:
- The applicant must be a polite and well-behaved Muslim male.
- The applicant must undertake to abide by the laws and rules of the university.
- The applicant must be in good health.
- The applicant must pass the tests and interview.
- The applicant must have a high school diploma or its equivalent from inside or outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- The certificate must be issued by a public school or a private school.
- The applicant must devote his entire time to studying.
- No more than five years must have passed since obtaining the high school diploma.
- The age of the applicant should be between 17-25 years at the beginning of the study.
- The applicant must pledge to abide by any conditions or rules set by the university administration.
Features of the Islamic University Funded Scholarship to Study in Saudi Arabia:
- Tuition fee waiver.
- A free air ticket in case of acceptance of the scholarship and also a free air ticket at the end of each academic year according to the specific guidelines.
- Monthly reward.
- Additional bonus for students with distinction.
- Accommodation in university housing (fully furnished) for unmarried students.
- Health care at the university medical center.
- Free daily transportation to and from the Prophet’s Mosque, in addition to regular Umrah trips.
- Use of social, training and sports facilities at the university.
Required documents and papers
- birth certificate.
- A photograph with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- Good conduct certificate.
- Medical report (the period for issuing the medical report should not exceed 6 months)
The deadline for applying for the Islamic University-funded scholarship to study in Saudi Arabia varies for each program, so you should check the official website of the university.