About Eastern Mediterranean University EMU
Eastern Mediterranean University was founded by Unai Fadel Demersler, Undersecretary of the Ministry of Education at the time, in 1979, and it is one of the oldest private Turkish universities on the island of Northern Cyprus.
The campus is located within the city of Famagusta, and the university has 12 faculties and 5 schools that teach 49 different disciplines, in addition to 141 undergraduate and graduate programs in both English and Turkish, and it also owns more than 30 research centers, a number of halls, galleries, museums and art workshops, as well as a library A large collection of books, resources and audio-visual encyclopedias.
Eastern Mediterranean University was ranked among the best 800 universities in the world, and in 2017, it ranked seventh among the best Turkish universities. And the Mediterranean Universities Community and the Federation of the Universities of the Islamic World, and it also holds several international recognitions, such as the ABET for the College of Engineering and the ACA for the College of Communication and other international recognitions.
The university provides many social and cultural activities, as it contains more than 50 different sports clubs and stadiums with a capacity of 5,000 seats, and an open area of 66,500 square meters for sports, and the campus also contains a fully equipped health center that includes 13 specialized doctors and a private ambulance. The university is a radio station that reaches the entire island and is operated by the students of the Communications Department.
The university has more than 1,000 distinguished academics from 35 different countries who are keen to provide high-quality education based on scientific production, free thought, creativity, moral values and environmental awareness.
The vision of Eastern Mediterranean University is to provide high quality education based on scientific production, and to be a leading university and the most preferred by students and faculty in its unique geographical location in the Turkish island of Cyprus.
Nationalities allowed to apply
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
Eastern Mediterranean University EMU Scholarship
Eastern Mediterranean University Scholarships are open to international students who wish to take undergraduate courses and start their undergraduate studies at Eastern Mediterranean University. It provides a great international program for undergraduate students to ease their financial burden.
Advantages of Eastern Mediterranean University EMU
The scholarship includes the following:
The scholarship covers full tuition fees for the entire course of the undergraduate program and other partial scholarships are available that cover 50% of the tuition fees. There are several advantages for students who have the opportunity to study in it, including the following:
- Student exchange opportunities, where Eastern Mediterranean University offers students the opportunity to spend a semester or two in one of the universities with which the European Union cooperates in 13 countries around the world, including America, Canada, Italy, Austria, South Korea and China
- It owns more than 30 research centers, a number of halls, galleries, museums and art workshops
- The university has a fully equipped health center with 13 specialized doctors and a private ambulance
- It has a large library of books, audio-visual resources and encyclopedias.
The scholarship includes all bachelor’s degree programs available at the university, including:
- Business & Economics
- Communication and Media Studies
- Arts & Sciences
- Health Sciences
For more details about the available specialties, you can browse it here
Standards and conditions
- Students belonging to any part of the world are eligible to apply
- To successfully complete their secondary education (high school).
- The applicant has excellent and outstanding academic performance.
- English language certificate is essential.
- Applicants must be accepted into an undergraduate program at the university.
How to Apply for Eastern Mediterranean University EMU Scholarships
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- Recommendation letters.
- motivation message.
- Personal Statement
- English language certificate to prove their proficiency (ELTS, TOEFL IBT, TELC, LCCI, TOLES)
- Any other files that may support your application.