Seoul National University is a research university located in Seoul, South Korea, and it is one of the leading Korean national universities with a ranking of 36 for the year 2019 according to QS World University Rankings
Founded in 1946, Seoul National University is one of the most prestigious universities in the country. The university has three campuses: the main campus in Gwanak-gu and two additional campuses in Daehangno and Pyeongchang. The university has sixteen colleges, one graduate school, and nine vocational schools.
The student body consists of approximately 17,000 undergraduate students and 11,000 graduate students. According to data collected by KEDI, the university spends on its students
per capita more than any other universities in the country that enroll at least 10,000 students.
Seoul National University holds a Memorandum of Understanding with more than 700 academic institutions in 40 countries, the World Bank and a public academic exchange program with the University of Pennsylvania.
Seoul University has entered the list of the top two hundred universities in the world, according to the website of the British company QS, in a ranking for the year 2020-2021, and since its founding until 2014, 30,831 people have graduated, including 3,346 who hold a master’s degree and 217 people hold a doctorate.
Nationalities who can apply for the scholarship
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
Programs available at Seoul National University
The scholarship is offered to all majors.
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- College of Natural Sciences
- Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Business Administration
- Faculty of Education
- College of Engineering
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Liberal Studies
- Faculty of Human Ecology
- Faculty of medicine
- College of Music
- College of Nursing
- faculty of Pharmacy
- College of Veterinary Medicine
- Interdisciplinary programs for undergraduate students
You can visit the university’s website to review all available programs
Terms and Standards
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to benefit from the Seoul National University Scholarship:
- The applicant is an international student.
- The student must obtain admission to one of the graduate studies program at the university.
- Excellent academic record.
- IELTS / TOEFL English language certificate for application or Korean language proficiency certificate.
Seoul National University Scholarships and Funding
- This scholarship funds tuition fees
- The scholarship covers travel and accommodation costs
- The scholarship includes Korean language tuition fees for one year.
- KRW 800,000 per month.
Required documents and papers
- Photo with a white background
- Academic certificates
- English language proficiency certificate
- Recommendation Letters
- Resume (free templates here)
- Personal statement
- motivation message. (Explanations and models here).
- Training certificates (if any).
How to Apply for the Seoul National Scholarship SNU
- First you need to get admission in the university
- After obtaining acceptance, log on to the official website of the scholarship.
- After that, create a new account on the official website.
- Fill out the scholarship application data and attach the documents previously required from you with the application file.
- Finally, the application is sent to the donor.