About Central European University in Hungary CEU SCHOLARSHIP 2022
Central European University (CEU) Scholarships It is an accredited private research university in Austria, Hungary, and the United States, with campuses in Vienna and Budapest. The university is known for its emphasis on social sciences and humanities, low student-faculty ratio, and international students.
The central tenet of the university’s mission is to promote harmonious societies, and as a result of its close association with the Open Society Institutions, it is one of eight universities representing the CIVICA Alliance, a group of European higher education institutions in the social sciences, humanities, business administration and public policy, such as Sciences Po (France), the Faculty of London Economics and Political Science (UK), and Stockholm School of Economics (Sweden).
CEU was founded in 1991 by political activist and billionaire George Soros, who provided it with an endowment of $880 million, making the university one of the richest in Europe.
The university was founded in Central Europe due to the perceived need for an independent and international university for the region, in light of the fall of the socialist bloc and the concomitant democratic establishment.
The university consists of 13 academic departments and 17 research centers, as well as the School of Public Policy and the Doctoral School in Political Science, Public Policy and International Relations.
Nationalities who can apply for the scholarship
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
Programs Available through CEU Budapest Scholarship
- Cognitive Science
- Economics and Business
- Environmental Science and Policy
- Gender Studies
- International Relations
- Legal Studies
- Mathematics and its Applications
- Medieval Studies
- Network and Data Science
- Political Science
- Sociology and Social Anthropology
- Public Policies
Central European University Scholarships in Hungary CEU SCHOLARSHIP 2021
CEU is one of the world’s leading global universities. Central European University is a research and advanced education institution dedicated to social and ethical ethics.
CEU is known for excellence in purposeful teaching. They operate with a set of principles, respect the diversity of cultures and peoples, and advocate boldness in developing emerging knowledge, humanities, social sciences, law and order, and developing applications for all. The Central European University is a new framework for global education, a center for the study of modern economic, social and political challenges, and a source of support for building an independent and democratic society that respects human rights and human dignity.
A fully-funded scholarship with a monthly stipend is offered to postgraduate students (Masters and PhD) in the various fields available at the University at its center in Budapest.
CEU Master’s Excellence Scholarship 100% tuition fee waiver. Besides, health insurance will also be covered and the amount of health insurance is 1,000 EUR.
CEU Master's Distinction Scholarship 100% tuition fee waiver. Besides, health insurance will also be covered and the amount of health insurance is 750 EUR.
CEU Master’s Scholarship 100% tuition fee waiver. Besides, health insurance will also be covered and the amount of health insurance is 500 EUR.
CEU Doctoral Scholarship This scholarship is only available to PhD students. Under this scholarship students will get full tuition fee waiver and €1350 for health insurance will also be awarded. PhD Stipend Budapest: €850 Doctoral Stipend Vienna: €850 PhD Stipend ECBS Budapest: €890 Doctoral Stipend ECBS Stipend Vienna: €1,350
Standards and Conditions
- Students from any part of the world are eligible to apply except for EU/Eastern Europe
- The applicant must have 12 years of education if he or she wishes to apply for a bachelor’s degree programme. (Bachelor’s scholarships are not currently available).
- The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree if he or she wants to apply for a master’s degree program
- The applicant must have a master’s degree if he or she wants to apply for a doctoral degree program
- The applicant must have excellent and distinguished academic performance.
- English language certificate is necessary.(Students who have completed the previous study stage (bachelor or master) in the English language for an exception, and there is no need for IELTS or TOEFL certificates.)
- Applicants must have strong leadership skills
- Applicants must have good communication skills
How to Apply for CEU ScholarsHIP Scholarships in Hungary 2022
You will apply by following these steps:
- Your file will be submitted to the panel of judges if your file is complete.
- If the jury selects your application documents, you will be invited to take written and oral examinations.
- The marks you get in the tests determine the list of accepted students.
- CV (click here for free forms)
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- Recommendation letter (information on how to prepare a letter of recommendation)
- Personal Statement.
- Research proposal.
- English language certificate.
- Any other files that may support your application.