EPFL is the most international technical university in Europe. It welcomes students, professors and collaborators from over 120 nationalities. EPFL has a Swiss and international mission and focuses on three missions: teaching, research and innovation.
EPFL collaborates with an important network of partners, including universities and other colleges, high schools, gymnasiums, industry, economics, political circles, and the general public, with the goal of making a real impact on society.
École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne is a research institute and university in Lausanne, Switzerland, which specializes in the natural sciences and engineering. It is one of the areas of the Swiss Federal Institutes of Technology (ETH Domain), and in total it has three main missions: to transfer education, research and technology at the highest level to the whole world. École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne is widely regarded as the leading university in the world.
The QS World University Ranking puts the university in the 12th place in the world in all fields in the 2017/2018 assessment, while the Times Higher Education World University Rankings ranks the university 11th in the world in the two divisions of technology. and engineering.
The roots of the École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne can be traced back to the founding of a private school under the name École Polytechnique de Lausanne in 1853 on the initiative of Louis Rivé, a graduate of the École Centrale de Paris and with her John Jay, who later became professor and director of the École Polytechnique de Lausanne. At first it had 11 students and the offices were located on “Rue du Valentin”, a street in Lausanne. In 1869,
Fully Funded EPFL Scholarship
EPFL University invites international students from all over the world to participate in a Summer Research Program in Switzerland (SRP). 25 participants will be accepted into the two-month program.
Nationalities who can apply for the scholarship
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
- 8 weeks of lab experience.
- Guiding and directing faculty and scientific staff.
- Opportunity to access scientific seminars.
- Scientific workshops on Friday afternoon.
- Attend the closing symposium and see posters from all participants.
- Rich program of social activities, including a day trip to the Swiss Alps with a raclette, barbecues at one of your professors’ house and a trip to CERN.
Benefits and benefits
- Each student receives 3,200 Swiss francs for a period of two months, covering housing and living costs.
- Accommodation is booked and paid for from salary in advance.
- Students are brought together in one accommodation in either Lausanne or Geneva depending on the mission of the laboratory.
- Students receive either single rooms or double rooms and share kitchen and bathroom facilities with fellow program participants.
- The majority of travel costs to and from Switzerland are covered. The program reimburses up to 1,000 Swiss francs for foreign trips and 500 Swiss francs for shorter distances.
Students get professional experience in:
- Participate in ongoing research in the EPFL College of Life Sciences Laboratory.
- Learn new techniques while studying a research topic related to current health issues.
- Improve critical thinking and design experiments.
- Prepare for independent research in the future as a graduate student.
- Experience the excitement and challenges of scientific research to gain insight into what a research career entails.
Terms and Standards
- Be enrolled at a university in biology, biophysics, chemistry, bioengineering, bioinformatics, quantitative biology, genetics courses, or a similar life sciences program
- Have a GPA of at least 3.75/4.0 or higher
- Have completed at least two years of university work up to the first year of your master’s degree
- Show a strong interest in pursuing a career in the life sciences
Documents and papers required when applying
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae
- motivation message
- My letter of recommendation
How to Apply for the EFPL University Scholarship
The scholarship is applied for through the official website of the university