Fully Funded Malaysian Government Scholarship 2022 Terms and How to Apply
The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program is a fully funded program that covers many potential expenses initiated by the Malaysian government to help students who are from developing countries and give them a chance to study at any top university in Malaysia.
About the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP)
In 1980, the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program (MTCP) came into being. It is part of Malaysia’s commitment to South-South cooperation through Malaysia’s development experiences and its partnerships with other developing countries. MTCP is based on the principle that the development of a country depends on the quality of its human resources and capital. The MTCP generally focuses on human resource development programs through appropriate training and capacity building courses, including short-term courses at private and public Malaysian training institutions and long-term courses at Malaysian public universities.
The Malaysian MTCP annually provides more than 60 technical training and capacity building programs to developing countries in collaboration with major local training institutions and international development partners. To date, more than 34,500 participants from 144 developing countries have benefited from the various programs offered under the MTCP. The Government of Malaysia sponsors the MTCP Scholarship and provides international students from developing countries with the necessary knowledge and skills to help them obtain a master’s degree in Malaysia as well as contribute to the development of their country. The award period for the master’s degree program ranges from 12 to 24 months.
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Program Scholarship Details:
- Country: Malaysia
- Host Institutions: Many universities and training institutions in Malaysia
- Duration: 12 to 24 months
- Programs: Capacity Building Courses, Short Term Courses and Master’s Degree Program
- Financial Aid: Fully Funded
fields of study:
There are twenty universities participating in international scholarships in Malaysia for international applicants to pursue their postgraduate studies. The Malaysian Government MTCP Scholarship is accepting applications in the following fields of study.
- Economics and Banking
- International Relations and Diplomacy
- Science and Technology (not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy)
- Public Policy and Governance
- Business Management
- Agriculture and Livestock
- Social Science
List of Malaysia Scholarship Partner Universities:
The following list of universities will show you how many universities are participating in the Malaysian Government Scholarship 2022 and which university is participating in the Malaysian Government Scholarship 2022. These universities are reputable universities in Malaysia. About 20 universities participate in the MTCP under the Malaysian Government Scholarship.
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
Documents required to apply for the Malaysia Scholarship:
Applicants will be required to upload their documents in electronic form. Therefore, it is recommended to prepare the following documents in the flexible form before applying, so at the time of application, you may not face any hurdle and the application process may go smoothly.
- Copy of passport
- Academic CV / Cover Letter
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- Proof of language (English language certificate)
- Acceptance offer letter from the Malaysian university (if any)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Medical examination form
- Other additional documents (if any)
As explained above, MTCP is a fully funded program by Malaysian government grants that will cover many expenses. Details are given below:
- living allowance
- book exchange
- house rent allowance
- Travel allowance
- End of study allowance
- change the message
- study fees
- Practical training allowance
- medical claims
- Family Assistance Allowance
- Visa fee
Nationalities who can apply for the scholarship:
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
Conditions and criteria for applying for the Malaysia Scholarship:
- Applicants who belong to the countries whose names are given here
- The applicant should not be more than 40 years old
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree to apply for a master’s degree program
- Applicants must be physically and mentally fit and have a medical fitness certificate
- Applicants must have English Proficiency Certificate like IELTS pr TOFEL etc. Or you can also show English Proficiency Certificate obtained by your institution if your medium of instruction is in English.