Heidelberg University Scholarships to Study in Germany 2021
About Heidelberg University
Heidelberg University, officially Ruprecht-Karl University Heidelberg, (German: Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg; Latin: Universitas Ruperto Carola Heidelbergensis) is a public research university in Heidelberg, Baden-Württemberg, Germany.
Founded in 1386 on the instructions of Pope Urban VI, Heidelberg University is the oldest university in Germany and one of the oldest surviving universities in the world. It was the third university established in the Holy Roman Empire.
Heidelberg has been a coeducational institution since 1899. The university is made up of twelve colleges and offers undergraduate, graduate and post-doctoral degree programs in about 100 disciplines. Heidelberg has three main campuses: the humanities are located mostly in Heidelberg’s old town, the natural sciences and medicine in the Neuenheimerfeld district, and the social sciences within the inner suburb of Bergheim.
The language of instruction is usually German, while a large number of postgraduate degrees are offered in English as well as some in French
Read also: SBW Berlin Scholarships 2021 To Study In Germany BA And MA
Nationalities who can apply for the scholarship
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
About Heidelberg University Scholarship
The Amirana Scholarship is an exclusive funding program for international medical and dental students from low- and middle-income countries. Existing and incoming students who, due to circumstances beyond their control, will not be able to complete their studies without financial assistance are eligible to apply.
The Amirana Scholarship Fund was established in 2016 thanks to the initiative and generosity of two American alumni, Dr. Muhammad T. So far, more than 25 medical and dental students have received financial support.
Terms and Standards
To be eligible, aspirants must meet the specified criteria:
- international student
- Applicants must be successfully registered at the University of Heidelberg.
- Human Medicine
Read also: A Fully Funded CCP Scholarship With A Monthly Stipend For Travel To Germany
- Photo with a white background
- High School certificate
- High school transcripts
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS (from here), TOEFL (from here) or German language
- Recommendation Letters (Information on how to make a Letter of Recommendation)
- Resume (free templates here)
- Motivation letter (explanations and samples here)
- SAT or ACT results are not a requirement, but it increases chances
- Proof of financial need
Heidelberg University Scholarship Benefits
The scholarship includes the following features:
- Tuition fee waiver
- Living and housing allowance
- health insurance
- Helping to fund research projects
- Other as needed
How to Apply for Heidelberg University Scholarship
- Applicants are required to complete the online application for the chosen course and register at the university.
- Applicants are to send the completed application form to [email protected].