About Victoria University
Victoria University of Wellington is one of the oldest universities in the country and is located in the capital of New Zealand, and has three campuses in the city. It is often praised for its academic excellence, including its placement among the top two percent of the world’s universities in the 2019 QS World University Rankings.
The university is ranked among the top 1% of universities globally in 19 of its disciplines, including communication and media studies, psychology, religious studies, geography, law, library and information management, linguistics, performing arts, development studies, politics and international studies.
The university also has a careers and employment team to help students make the most of their studies and work towards achieving their career goals and ambitions. In addition to the ability to speak with a face-to-face career counselor, students can also register for CV advice, attend workshops, and log into the online career center to manage their progress.
Victoria University of Wellington students have the opportunity to study abroad in another country as part of their studies. There are currently 140 exchange partner universities in 30 countries that students can choose from, including Canada, Mexico, Denmark and Singapore.
Students are also supported throughout their studies with a variety of services that primarily focus on things such as additional study assistance, support for students with disabilities, international student services, and confidential health and well-being counseling and advice.
In their spare time, students have the opportunity to participate in one of the clubs or societies that operate throughout the institution, ranging from special interest groups to sports teams.
This would provide a great opportunity to meet new people and settle down in new surroundings. There are also volunteer opportunities and an opportunity for students to create their own community and prove their leadership skills.
Nationalities who can apply :
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
About the Victoria University Scholarship
The project was designed under the supervision of Dr. Farah Sahagah-Olaidi, Professor Peter Tyler and Dr. Major Jiao to maximize the chance of developing a successful drug for the treatment of tuberculosis using TSA. This powerful technology effectively provides a blueprint for designing powerful enzyme inhibitors by
Describe the features of the anatomical transitional state. We use a computational approach to determine the translocation status of MetX, an enzyme involved in the target MTB pathway. This project will involve the design, synthesis and testing of potential enzyme inhibitors.
Terms and Standards:
To be eligible, aspirants must meet the specified criteria:
- Applicants must be a successful applicant who has a background in organic chemistry.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in the same field as required in the available programs
- Chemistry and related programs
- Photo with a white background
- High school diploma or bachelor’s and master’s degree, according to each program
- Transcripts of high school, bachelor’s or master’s degrees, according to each program
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS (from here) or TOEFL (from here)
- Recommendation Letters(Information on how to make a letter of recommendation)
- Resume (free templates here)
- Motivation letter (explanations and samples here)
- Detailed research plan on a PhD project
- Scientific articles and lectures, if any
Features of the Victoria University Scholarship
The scholarship includes the following features:
- The scholarship will cover the full tuition fees of selected applicants and will also provide a link to the value of $27,500 annually for the duration of the study.