About the University of Melbourne
The University of Melbourne is a public research university located in Melbourne, Australia. Founded in 1853, it is the second oldest university in Australia and the oldest in Victoria. Its main campus is in Parkville, an inner suburb north of Melbourne’s CBD, with several other campuses located throughout Victoria.
Founded by the Colony of Victoria, the University of Melbourne is one of the six sandstone universities in Australia and a member of the Group of Eight, University of 21, University of Washington McDonnell International Academy of Scientists, and the Association of Universities of the Pacific. Since 1872, several residential colleges have become affiliated with the university, providing accommodation for students and faculty, and academic, sports, and cultural programs. There are ten colleges on the main campus and in the surrounding suburbs.
Times Higher Education has ranked Melbourne 31st globally (1st nationally) in the 2020-2021 iteration of its annual World University Rankings. In the QS World University Rankings 2021, the University of Melbourne is ranked 41st globally (3rd in Australia).
In 2020, in the latest CWTS Leiden ranking, Melbourne is ranked 28th in the world (1st nationally).
The university is ranked 35th globally (1st in Australia) in the 2020 publication of the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) table.
According to the QS World University Rankings 2020, the University of Melbourne is ranked 10 in Law, 12 in Education, 16 in Accounting and Finance, 17 in Social Policy and Management, 19 in Sociology, 22 in Environmental Studies and 23 in Linguistics.
Nationalities who can apply for the scholarship:
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
About the University of Melbourne Melbourne Scholarships
For those wishing to complete their higher studies in Australia, the University of Melbourne Scholarships is a great opportunity for that.
The University of Melbourne invites international students to apply for the Postgraduate Scholarships for the year 2021-2022 which includes Masters and PhD degrees. The number of scholarships is 600 scholarships.
Conditions and Criteria:
- Be an international student
- You have applied and met all the admission requirements for a postgraduate degree at the University of Melbourne or are currently enrolled in a postgraduate research degree at the University of Melbourne.
- Architecture and construction
- Planning and design
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Engineering and the environment
- Health and Information Technology
- computer science
- Visual and performing arts
- Veterinary, agricultural and nutritional sciences
For more information about the available specializations, click here
- personal picture
- Transcripts and certificates of graduation from the previous academic stage translated and certified in the English language
- Motivation letter
- Search Plan
- Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language
- Any other files supporting your request
Advantages of the University of Melbourne Scholarship
The scholarship includes the following benefits:
- Full fee waiver for up to two years for students pursuing a master’s degree by research or up to four years for students pursuing a doctoral degree.
- A living allowance of $ 31,200 per year pro-rata for up to two years for students undertaking a master’s degree by research or up to three to five years for students pursuing a doctoral degree.
- The living allowance can be indexed annually and includes limited paid sick leave and maternity and paternity leave.
- The relocation scholarship is $ 3000 for students relocating from outside Australia.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) one membership for international students who require a student visa to study in Australia
- For more information, see Manage my scholarship.
Application deadline: October 31, 2021