Japanese government scholarship details:
Host country / Japan.
Donor / Government of Japan.
- Available academic levels / diploma, bachelor’s (undergraduate), master’s, doctorate
Funding / Free Fully Funded Grant
Available universities / any public university in Japan.
There is no submission fee for your application.
A Japanese language certificate or an English language certificate (not mandatory) is not required.
The scholarship provides a free preparatory year to learn the Japanese language.
- The deadline for the scholarship / the date varies from one country to another. Each country has a specific deadline. To know the deadline, please visit the embassy’s website in your country.
- The date of announcing the primary results / June 22 – July 4, 2021. “You will receive an email notifying you of the personal interview.”
Date of personal interviews / July 12, 2021.
Final announcement of results / July 14, 2021.
Duration of Japanese government scholarship:
For undergraduate “Bachelor”: from 4 to 5 years according to the chosen major.
For Masters: 2 to 3 years.
For PhDs: 3 to 4 years.
Specializations available in the Japanese government scholarship:
- Scientific majors.
- Literary majors.
Such as: medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, veterinary medicine, health sciences, biotechnology, science, biology, chemistry, engineering (civil and architecture, electricity, electronics, mechanical, environment, information, marine engineering, metallurgy engineering, textile engineering … etc.) , Mathematics, Physics, Agriculture, Literature, Business Administration and Economics, Accounting, Law (Law), Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, History, Humanities, Japanese Language, Food Science, Animal Science, Forestry, Fisheries and other disciplines . . .
Advantages of Japanese government scholarship:
- The scholarship covers all tuition fees.
- It covers all travel costs for “airline tickets” one way to and from Japan.
- The scholarship provides excellent university accommodation.
- Grants provide a monthly stipend, “and an allowance will be added to the salary for those studying or conducting research.”
- The scholarship covers preparatory year fees for the Japanese language.
Required papers for Japanese government scholarship:
- Fill out the application form (application to apply for the scholarship).
- A personal photo with a white background, 3.5 * 4.5 cm, with your full name and nationality written on the back of the photo.
- A copy of a valid passport or identity card (if any), or a copy of the birth certificate sent in the event that a passport is not available.
- Academic certificates /
- Transcripts and graduation certificate.
- To apply for the undergraduate level, one must send a transcript of the first, second and third secondary grades along with the graduation certificate. (High school = baccalaureate).
If you are in the last year of high school, you must send a transcript of first and second-year grades and proof of enrollment in the third year.
To apply for the master’s degree: a graduation certificate and a transcript of bachelor’s degrees (undergraduate).
If you are in the last year of a bachelor’s degree (university) and want to apply for a master’s degree, you can submit a transcript of degrees in the years preceding the bachelor’s degree and proof of enrollment in the last year.
To apply for a doctorate: graduation certificate and master’s degree transcript.
If you are in the last year of MA (Master) and want to apply for a PhD, you can submit a transcript of degrees in the years preceding the Master’s degree and prove enrollment in the last year.
- A letter of recommendation (written by a school professor or a university doctor) – You can use the form available on the scholarship website or you can use another form .
- A medical certificate (you can fill out the certificate on your own now because of Corona, but upon acceptance, you will be asked to undergo a medical examination in a government hospital or clinic).
- Essay letter (essay questions to be answered by the student): determined by your country’s embassy.
Notice for the Japanese Government Scholarship:
1 – All data and papers must be in either English or Japanese.
2 – All files must be in PDF format.
3 – (This item # for Egyptians) for high school students in Egypt, the total of high school must be 95% if you have graduated if you have not graduated yet, then the total of the first and second grades as a GPA of 95%.
Explanation of how to apply:
- The application form must be filled out correctly.
- Fill out and prepare the rest of the required documents.
- All files are uploaded in PDF format (not all files are embedded).
- All files are sent to the e-mail on your embassy website