About the University of Stuttgart:
The University of Stuttgart (German: Universität Stuttgart) is a leading research university located in Stuttgart, Germany. It was established in 1829 and is organized into 10 colleges. It is one of the oldest technical universities in Germany with high-level programs in civil, mechanical, industrial, electrical and more. It is a member of TU9, which is an amalgamated community of the largest and most prominent German institute of technology. The university is particularly well known for its reputation in the fields of advanced automotive engineering, efficient industrial and automated manufacturing, process engineering, aerospace engineering, and activity-based costs.
The University of Stuttgart is consistently ranked among the best universities in the world in numerous international ranking surveys such as the Academic Ranking of World Universities and the Times Higher Education Supplement which ranks more than 1,000 universities worldwide. As of 2017, the University of Stuttgart is ranked 79 in the world for engineering and technology according to the QS World University Rankings. The University of Stuttgart is one of the top universities in the fields of mechanical, aviation and manufacturing engineering (42nd globally and 3rd best in Germany) and has been ranked several times as one of the top engineering universities in Germany.
Nationalities who can apply for the scholarship:
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
About the University of Stuttgart Scholarships:
Every year, the University of Stuttgart opens funded and distinguished scholarships to international students in order to raise the educational and research level of the university due to the distinguished reputation locally and internationally.
Conditions and Criteria:
- An international student from outside the European Union.
- You have applied to one of the programs at the University of Stuttgart with either a BA, MA or PhD.
- Have good grades in your studies.
- You have not received any other full scholarships from a German or foreign organization.
- Architecture and Urban Planning
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Energy, Operations and Bioengineering
- Computer science, electrical engineering and information technology
- Aeronautical Engineering and Geodesy
- Engineering design, production engineering and automotive engineering
- Mathematics and Physics
- Faculty of Humanities
- Management, Economics and Social Sciences
Check the available programs via this link.
- A properly completed and signed scholarship application form.
- A certificate proving the student’s enrollment in one of the bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral programs at the University of Stuttgart, Germany.
- Certificate of English or German
- If you have started studying at the university, a transcript is required.
- Recommendation letter from your previous professor
- CV including a photo (passport size)
- A written document about your volunteer activities, if any (including certificates) and your own ideas about improving the status of international students at the University of Stuttgart (included in the application form).
- Proof of your financial income.
- Current employment contracts with current salary slips (optional).
- Current scholarship letters / contracts (optional).
- For doctoral students, master’s transcript.
Features of the University of Stuttgart Scholarships:
The scholarship includes the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend between 250 euros and 1,200 euros. Note that in Germany there is no tuition fee, and it is free for international students.
How to apply for the University of Stuttgart Scholarships:
To apply for the University of Stuttgart scholarships, please submit all the required documents (mentioned above) to the university’s international office. You can check the full information of this office and contact it via this link.
Application deadline: Open throughout 2021