If you want to study in Romania, you can apply for the Romania Government Scholarship 2021, which is offered to international students of different nationalities around the world who want to have the opportunity to study a bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate in Romania for the academic year 2020-2021. Scholarships help advance your academic and career goals by removing financial barriers in order to cover tuition expenses.
Details about the Romania Government Scholarship 2021:
- Country: Romania
- Number of scholarships: 85 / country
- Study level: Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D.
- Financial Coverage: Financing
- Application deadline: April 30, 2021
Academic fields available in Romania Government Scholarship:
Architecture, Visual Arts, Romanian Culture and Civilization, Journalism, Political and Administrative Sciences, Engineering, Educational Sciences, Social and Human Sciences, Technical Studies, Oil and Gas, Agricultural Sciences, Veterinary Medicine.
Scholarships are not awarded in the fields of medicine, dentistry, and pharmacy.
Note that the course (s) will start in November 2021. Results will be announced by July 15, 2021
Duration of study in Romania Government scholarship:
- Undergraduate: 3-6 years
- Master: 1.5, 2 years old
- Doctorate: 3,4 years
Funding provided in Romania Government Scholarship:
The scholarship is funded by the Romanian Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. So, this is a fully funded scholarship in Romania for all international students. It will cover the following costs:
- Cover tuition fees.
- Candidates who are not fluent in Romanian will be granted a supplementary preparatory year to study the language.
- Covering accommodation (based on availability, free housing will be provided at the residence of students, in line with the regulations of higher education for housing and within the limits of the amounts available for this purpose).
Financial support represents:
- The equivalent of Romanian currency of The equivalent in Romanian currency of per month, for postgraduate students (master’s degrees).
- The equivalent in Romanian currency of per month, for postgraduate students (doctoral degrees)
- These scholarships do not cover food, airline tickets, and transportation. Any additional expenses must be borne by students.
- This scholarship provides monthly financial support to undergraduate and master’s students during the academic year, including the winter and spring vacation, and is not provided during the summer vacation.
- This scholarship provides monthly financial support to doctoral students during the whole academic year.
Conditions for applying in Romania Government scholarship:
- All countries are eligible : (United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen) .
- The scholarship can be applied for from all countries of the world except for the member states of the European Union.
- Foreign citizens of Romanian origin and those from neighboring Romanian communities also benefit from other scholarship programs.
- The applicant must not hold Romanian citizenship, did not apply or did not obtain any kind of guardianship of the Romanian government, and not be without citizenship and his residence on Romanian lands is officially recognized according to the law, and he is not a member of a family in the diplomatic corps in Bucharest, and he has not obtained To receive a scholarship in Romania in the same field of study.
- Not to have exceeded 35 years before December 31 for applicants to bachelor’s and master’s degrees, and not to have exceeded 45 years for applicants to doctoral degrees.
How to apply for the Romania Government Scholarship:
- First Step: Prepare the following documents:
- An official letter issued by the Romanian embassy in your country or country of residence to Bucharest.
- Application form for a scholarship in Romania, filled out correctly (you can download it from here)
- Application form for issuing an acceptance letter to study in Romania (you can download it from here)
- Certified copies of your study certificates (high school diploma or its equivalent, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees, if any), and their certified translation into one of the following languages: English, French and Romanian.
- Certified copy of the birth certificate and its certified translation in one of the following languages: English, French or Romanian.
- A copy of the first three pages of the passport.
- A medical certificate proving that the person enrolled in the study does not have any infectious diseases or any other conditions that hinder the studies submitted to it.
- The applicant’s CV.
- Two recent photos of the applicant, with the specifications of the passport photo.
- Second Step: Submit your application to the Romanian Embassy.
- Note: Applications submitted by mail or directly to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Ministry of National Economy, as well as application files received after the announced deadline, will not be taken into consideration.