About the KNB Scholarship:
It is a prestigious scholarship program offered by the Government of the Republic of Indonesia to selected applicants from developing countries. The scholarship is administered by the General Directorate of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and Culture,
Since 2008, the grant has been disbursed to 1,290 recipients from 94 countries. The role of the KNB Scholarship has been central in supporting Indonesian higher education institutions in their pursuit of internationalization. The number of international students indicates the global emergence of institutions of higher education. To support the internationalization of Indonesian universities and to accommodate the growing interests of applicants around the world,
The number of scholarships awarded each year continued to grow. The scholarship also continued to expand its partnership with reputable public and private universities in the country. By doing this,
The scholarship has been keeping improving the quality of Indonesian higher education institutions in order to meet the standards of internationally reputed universities.
Vision and mission:
- Contributing to the development of human resources in developing countries.
- Promote deeper cultural understanding and strengthen the relationship between developing countries.
- Improving the research capacity of Indonesian higher education institutions as part of the national strategies in increasing the number of world-class universities in Indonesia.
Nationalities who can apply for the scholarship:
The United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
About KNB Indonesian Government Scholarship:
The Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Indonesia announced the KNB Indonesian Government Scholarship 2021. This Indonesian Government Scholarship 2021 is a fully funded Indonesian government scholarship for international students wishing to study in Indonesia.
Levels covered by the scholarship and its duration:
- Indonesian Language Course and Master’s Preparatory Program: a maximum of 12 months Master’s degree programs: a maximum of 24 months (4 semesters)
- Bachelor’s degree program: a maximum of 48 months (8 semesters)
- Doctoral degree scholarship: 36 months (6 semesters) of the PhD program.
The scholarship partner universities:
- Politeknik Elektronika Negeri Surabaya
- Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia
- Institut Teknologi Bandung
- Universitas Negeri Surabaya
- Universitas Indonesia
- Univeristas Diponegoro
- Universitas Muhammadiyah Malang
- Universitas Gadjah Mada
- Universitas Telkom
- Universitas Negeri Semarang
- Universitas Katolik Parahyangan
- Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta
- Universitas Hasanuddin
- Universitas Sebelas Maret Surakarta
- Universitas Negeri Malang
- Universitas Padjadjaran
- Universitas Islam Indonesia
- Universitas Brawijaya
- Universitas Airlangga
- Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember
- Universitas Atma Jaya Yogyakarta
- Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta
- Institut Pertanian Bogor
Conditions and Criteria:
Bachelor's degree: The maximum age is 25 years. Holds a high school diploma (please provide the scanned degree certificate and academic transcripts in English). Obtaining an English language proficiency test score as follows: IBT TOEFL 80, IELTS 6.0
Master's degree: The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 35 years old. The applicant must have a bachelor’s degree approved by the relevant Ministry of Education and Culture for (a master’s degree holder is not eligible to apply) The applicant must have a minimum TOEFL IBT score of 80 or IELTS score of 6.0 (or any other English language proficiency test with an equivalent score) The applicant must have a GPA of at least 3.25. The applicant must complete the online application form at : http://knbscholarship.kemdikbud.go.id/ Before departing to Indonesia, successful candidates must sign the Statement Letter and Scholarship Agreement prepared by KNB Scholarship Administration
PhD: The maximum age to apply for the scholarship is 40 years old. Holds a master's degree (please provide the scanned degree certificate and academic transcripts in English). Please note that a PhD holder is not eligible to apply. Obtain a letter of recommendation from a potential research supervisor at a university offering a KNB scholarship partner. Submit a statement of purpose that at least explains the purpose of their studies, the origin of their interests in studying in Indonesia, pursuit of the research topic they have chosen, and their plans for the academic future. Holds a TOEFL or IELTS certificate (or another certificate in the English language proficiency test) with a score of 90 TOEFL IBT or IELTS 7.0 or equivalent (certification must be obtained within the last two years). Fill out the online application form.
The programs include several colleges and various majors according to the universities participating in the grant. To find out more about the universities and the available programs, please download the application guide for the scholarship. Among them :
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- electrical engineering
- Engineering Physics
- environmental engineering
- Industrial Technology and Systems Engineering
- Information system
- Geomatics engineering
- Metallurgical materials and engineering
- Marine engineering
- Mechanical Engineer
- Ocean engineering
- A valid passport scanned (personal data page only)
- Academic certificates for completing the previous academic stage to apply for a higher degree (please submit the scanned degree certificate and academic transcripts in English).
- Score transcripts (please submit scanned transcripts and academic transcripts in English).
- Letter of recommendation from the Indonesian embassy in the concerned country, issued in the same year of the application.
- A letter of nomination from the relevant government official (Ministry of Education, another relevant government agency – if the applicant works for a government agency, or the embassy of the applicant’s country of origin in Indonesia)
- 2 Academic Recommendation Letter
- A scanned TOEFL score certificate (or other tests of English language proficiency) obtained within the last two years
- A scanned official medical statement (official diagnosis) prepared by a certified physician, issued in the same year of the application.
Advantages of KNB Indonesian Government Scholarship:
The scholarship includes the following benefits:
- Living allowance Research and book allowances (will be awarded during the Master’s program)
- health insurance
- Round trip international ticket
- Immigration fees
- Tuition fees (payable directly to the university)
How to apply for KNB Indonesian government scholarship:
- Download the invitation letter (available on the KNB Scholarship website)
- Send the invitation letter, passport, academic certificates and academic transcripts to the Indonesian Embassy to get the recommendation letter Complete the online application process
- Announcement of the selection result. Selection results will be announced online through the KNB Scholarship Website and will be officially announced through the Indonesian Embassy Publications Network.
Application deadline: 04 May 2021