For the opportunity:
The Islamic Development Bank has opened the door for applying for scholarships for the academic year 2021-2022. The Bank funds the following scholarship programs for citizens of the Bank’s member countries and Muslim communities around the world:
- Bachelor’s program.
- Master’s program.
- Doctoral Program and Postdoctoral Research Program.
- The joint scholarship program between the Bank and the Islamic Solidarity Fund for Development for vocational education, training and undergraduate studies for the benefit of the Bank’s 21 least developed member states.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
This program is open to academically excellent students who have a firm desire to provide social services and community development after graduation. Prospective candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- To be citizens of a member country of the bank or a Muslim community in non-member countries.
- They should not be beneficiaries of any other scholarship.
- Be medically fit and ready to undergo medical examinations after being selected.
- For undergraduate programs: That they have completed their secondary education and obtained the minimum good grades in the major subjects, or are currently pursuing their studies in the first year in one of the best public or government universities in their countries or in the member states that have an agreement with the bank (Malaysia, Morocco and Turkey) .
For master’s programs:
- They must have a Bachelor’s degree with a grade higher than Good.
For doctoral programs:
- The candidate must have a master’s degree in one of the fields of study covered by the program.
- He must have obtained a rating of at least Very Good.
- It is recommended that he have professional or research experience.
- To have a research proposal in one of the fields of study covered by the program, in which he states the importance of his scientific research and development for society or the country.
For post-doctoral research:
- The candidate must have a doctorate degree in one of the approved program areas.
- He must have obtained a grade of at least Very Good.
- Have a record of publications or research in the same field.
- To have a research proposal in one of the study areas of the program, in which he states the importance of scientific research and development for society or the country.
- Eligible candidates may submit an application to pursue studies in one of the following fields of study only: sustainable agriculture, education, education for sustainable development, climate change, energy, sustainable cities, responsible growth, waste management, population growth, green chemistry, biodiversity, plastic pollution Microplastics, water and sanitation, health, information and communication technology for development, innovation and infrastructure development, Islamic economics, finance and banking, social sciences fields.
Benefits and facilities:
The program covers the following costs:
- A monthly stipend compatible with the cost of living in the country of study.
- Tuition fees, if any, are subject to bank approval.
- The cost of medical treatment in a university or government hospital.
- Round-trip plane tickets for economy class (one time upon joining and upon completion of studies) and settlement and preparation allowance for students selected to study abroad in partner universities or countries.
- Graduation research preparation allowance for the master’s program.
- Allowance for participation in conferences and thesis preparation, books and clothing allowances for the doctoral program.
- Allowance for preparing scientific papers for post-doctoral research.
Place of study:
According to the concept of the program, students who are selected must obtain admission into one of the approved fields of study in one of the best public universities in their countries. In the event that the fields of study are not available in their home countries, they can apply for admission to the member states that have agreements with the Bank, namely Malaysia, Morocco, Tunisia and Turkey. Moreover, some selected students may be allowed to apply for admission from prestigious universities that have agreements with the bank, such as Cambridge and Oxford.
Islamic Development Bank:
The Islamic Development Bank is a multilateral development bank that improves the lives of those it serves by promoting social and economic development in Muslim countries and communities around the world, and making impact on a large scale. The bank provides the infrastructure to enable people to achieve a better life and realize their full potential.
How to apply
To apply for scholarships, do the following:
- Register on the IsDB website.
- Choose the program you want to apply for.
Fill out the application form no later than February 28, 2021, including the following documents:
- A copy of the national identity or passport
- Certified copy of the birth certificate
- A certificate of good health from a doctor or hospital
- A certified true copy of the academic record
- Certificate of English Proficiency (ILETS, TOEFL, etc.)
United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Djibouti, Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Comoros, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Somalia, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen
The opportunity expiration date is 02-28-2022